Friday, March 18, 2011

Manual setting

Well I finally gave up reading the camera manual in order and just found the page on the manual setting. I figured that out and was playing around for a while, but I really need a refresher in ISO, aperture and all that. I can't really look up tips and tricks until I really understand the camera, so I believe I will be finding a book in the library for a nice simple guide that I can memorize and put to good use.

My goal with this camera is to get good enough with it to be able to bring it to Ireland with me in May and actually use it. Yes, I am off to Ireland for a quick jaunt! But when I travel I tend to pack just what I need (from a history of taking stand by flights), so I don't want to bring the big camera if I am not even going to use it.

I still have a bit of time left to get that learning done; here's hoping I can get going on it and have enough light to take the good shots! Winter is finally coming to an end, so that looks like it might happen! Yay sunlight and spring!!

I will try to get back here with some of my own photos, but I am not sure when that will happen. And, there is the fact that I don't have photo editing software, nor do I know how to use it, so they will be untouched. Hopefully it all works out! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Val, when an opportunity presents itself, take it.

    Bring your SLR to Ireland. The photos of the Liffey will be that much better.

    ReplyDelete