Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A dilemma

The choice for cameras these days is overwhelming! And trying to dive into the digital SLR (D-SLR) field is even more daunting when you don't really know a whole lot about it. I am actually trying to buy a D-SLR at the moment since I want to learn how to improve my photography and learn how to use that type of camera. I had learned al ittle bit a few years ago, but I think I'll need a refresher!

But the choices are too much, as is the price sometimes. I don't want to buy a high-end camera if I am not going to stick with it, or improve passed a point, but is buying a lower end one worth it?

I actually have gotten some good advice, and I've seen it repeated in a few places. Go for a basic body of a camera first to learn the basics, and then once you know what you want to shoot, buy a lens that matches that. The lenses can actually stay with you for a long time if they fit more than 1 model. Canon for example has its EOS line, and the lenses fit on the cameras with that name. Imagine that!

I found a good guide online for information that is written in plain English, and that explains the terms of the SLR world for us newcomers. Go check out the guide to choosing a camera and the many reviews, etc. on the site, The Digital SLR Guide, at the same time. Very helpful.

Now on to actually choosing which one to buy and then purchasing and using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment